I was tagged on Facebook a million times, so I decided to double post here and there. Enjoy. Enjoy twice!
1. I love horoscopes. My favorite one this week said, “You've been riding a wave of positive energy. Help others get on the wave with you!” Dear everybody,
Come on in. The water is fine.
2. My Miss Richland softball team had a rivalry with H.A.P.O. bank’s team. I still boo when I pass the Richland branch. Zinn Photo forever!
3. This much I know is true: If you think you’re expert enough to make a list of the Top 10 Christmas movies ever made and you don’t include the Christmas Story on that list, then you are an idiot. Not only should it be on the list, but it should be and is the best Christmas movie ever made.
4. Recently, I saw another list by some self-proclaimed “expert” that had a major omission that made me discredit the entire list. I, however, cannot remember the topic of the list or whatever I thought was missing from it.
5. Recently and relatedly, I started taking Gingko Biloba in the hopes that things like #4 would stop happening.
6. Rainbow Connection is the sweetest song ever written. I have four versions of it on my ipod. I would like at least one more by someone who shall remain nameless. He knows who he is.
7. My brother is my hero and I have the sweatshirt to prove it.
8. I always say that Sorry is my favorite board game, but who am I kidding? It is actually Scrabble. A few weeks ago, I got three bingos in a row. Yes, I am bragging. I’m sorry, but that is just awesome. I don’t expect that to ever happen again.
9. If you don’t like the Muppets, then I don’t think you are worth knowing. I consider it an essential mark of a good and reasonable person. Seriously.
10. Also, I often judge people’s sense of humor on their opinion of MTV’s The State. If you don’t like the State, I probably won’t believe you when you tell me something is funny. I’m not proud of it, but a girl has to have standards.
11. I think animal nicknames and nicknames ending in the long E sound are pretty much the cutest thing ever. Someone recently called me pumpkin-head as a term of endearment. Some might be offending, but I liked it.
12. A short list of mythical/sci-fi/awesome creatures I like: vampires, zombies, unicorns, aliens, yetis, ninjas, pirates and monsters of all sorts.
13. A shorter list of mythical/sci-fi creatures that I dislike: fairies.
14. My favorite color is green and I usually like the green character the best. (ie Luigi and Martian Manhunter and to a lesser extent Cheer Bear, but I like him/her more because I think him/her should be called Irish Bear. Sidenote: Did the Care Bears have genders?)
15. I like making soap. I also like baking. A third thing I like to do is send packages of goodies to my friends. I am sad that you can’t send soap in with a package of cookies because it will make the cookies taste like soap. If I could figure out how to solve this problem, I believe my treat packages would be world-changing and unstoppable.
16. I remember what #4 was about: cupcakes! I read a list of best cupcake places and not only was Trophy not number 1, it wasn’t even on the list. I’m sorry St. Cupcake and Cupcake Royale, you are good, but you are no Trophy. (Maybe Gingko works?!)
17. My first celebrity crush was Bo Duke.
18. My second was Murdock from the A-Team.
19. I’m very ashamed when I don’t like critically acclaimed movies that everyone I know loves. I give these movies a 3-star rating in my Netflix queue, so people will think I have good taste in movies. Truth is I hated Donnie Darko and Lost in Translation. Let’s face it, I just don’t have good taste in movies. Caveman starring Ringo Starr is one of my favorites.
20. The worst hangover I ever had was after a night of playing Heroclix for shots. That is the nerdiest possible way to get a hangover.
21. The perfect date involves four stops: restaurant, arcade, bar with live music, cupcake or donut shop. If you go to Jules Mae you can kill two birds with one stone and play Skee Ball between bands. If you are in Portland you can go to Ground Kontrol and end the night at VooDoo Doughnut. The number one reason I miss the Crocodile is that I haven’t been to Shorty’s since it closed.
22. I love outside birds a lot. I don’t know the names of many. I think pet birds are disgusting.
23. Tacos should be capitalized. (For example: Tonight, I’m making Tacos! Gee these Tacos are superb.) They deserve the respect that capitalization in the middle of a sentence provides.
24. I’ve recently realized the supporting my family and friends’ endeavors is my greatest pleasure. Sure, I don’t have a band or make amazing cakes or do roller derby or sell my art or crafts, or want to be a Marine, but I know people who do. They kick ass and I’m so proud of them.
25. Meeting Mr. T would be my greatest honor. I don’t know what I would say, but it would be really cool to give him a hug.