Saturday, February 21, 2009

Personalized Muppets!


The only thing I love as much as Mr. T is the Muppets. When I was a kid, My parents took me to see an exhibit of some of the Muppets at OMSI. I watched Muppet Babies and reruns of the Muppet Show religiously. The first movie I saw in the theater was the Great Muppet Caper. I wanted my own Muppet. Imagine my surprise when I realized that this is a possibility today. Shortly before Christmas, I discovered that F.A.O. Schwarz launched a make-your-own Muppet workshop. Popularity was higher than supply and the Muppet Maker was down all through the holiday season. It’s back-up now and offers a few basic shapes along with many eyes, noses, and outfits.

So, if you ever have and extra $90 that you want to spend on me, this is what I want! The best Muppet I designed was orange with the horn-rimmed glasses, a red nose, bald fringe and the plaid jaket. I named him Melvin Whipple. (Sidenote: Did you know that there is a cowboy poet named Melvin Whipple? I didn’t, but he seems like a cool cat.)

Finally, I just noticed today that a Jim Henson exhibit is coming to EMP this summer. This is exciting news. From the pictures, I think Rowlf might be there. This will be more exciting than seeing Yoda. Who’s in?

1 comment:

Carrie said...

is it weird that I did know about that cowboy poet? I guess it isn't too weird when you consider that I attended the Fisherman Poets festival in Astoria a couple years ago......

less blogging, more Mr. T-doll crafting! just kidding.....